For the last fortnight I haven’t been near WordPress because I was doing a burpee challenge – 15 burpees for 15 days for the 15th birthday of BMF that I train with. I linked in my efforts on Day 2 to my previous post. All in all, here were my burpee locations and outfits:
Day 1: Culloden
– At the visitor centre at the Culloden Battlefield, wearing the uniform of the government army from 1746, hoping that the wee museum man wouldn’t catch me and throw me out.
Day 4: in a boat
– took the kids rowing and did burpees on the boat.
Day 5: Eilean Donan.
– on the bridge to the castle, with lines from “Highlander” and a random passer by.
Day 6: Marvell –
a stanza of Marvell from his poem “The Garden” in front of a fountain at Greenbank Gardens.
Day 7: Roller skates
– a take on an 80s Martini advert shot in the garden.
Day 8: Scooby doo
– I dress as Velma, then as Daphne.
Day 9 Psycho.
– I do burpees in the shower, accompanied by my son doing the soundtrack on the violin.
Day 11: Minecraft
– I become Steve from Minecraft and do burpees.
Day 12: House
– I shoot an episode of House where I am the patient who is prescribed burpees.
Day 13: Bat woman
– I collect the children from school dressed as Batwoman.
Day 14: Harry Potter
– I play the part of professor McGonigle and get zapped -“expecto burpees”.
Day 15: Skyfall –
I hash together a take on the opening sequence of Skyfall.
I am creatively spent.