I hate moaners.
Stop moaning and go away and cheer up. Look on the bright side. Wait long enough and you’ll get over it.
However, my usual optimistic self has struggled to throw itself into some aspects of 2014.
A moaning person would now proceed to tell you all about it and wait around for hugs and sympathy. But I don’t do physical contact, generally. And I don’t want, nor indeed deserve, sympathy. I need to stop moaning and get a bit of perspective.
But you never know, maybe I’ll find it cathartic to moan. So, here goes, I’ll moan in metaphors to protect the innocent and the guilty:
1. I’ve been flogging a dead horse. It is an ex-horse. It has ceased to be… (Please understand that this is a metaphor…)
2. Oi! The Media! We don’t want to hear news stories about news stories! We just want to hear the news stories, not stories about what the way the media deals with the news stories tells you about the media. (That is not a metaphor. I wish it was.)
3. Obesity. Literally. Not mine. Just generally. Tragic.
4. Migraine. Literally. Mine. Oof.
5. The fact that I haven’t had an interesting thought ALL YEAR. (Okay, so it’s only the middle of January, but really…!)
That will do for my moan-in for now.
Now, do I feel any better?
That’s what I get for moaning.
I prescribe myself a dose of optimism to be taken first thing tomorrow morning!