Tomorrow, assuming I wake up, I’ll wake up and not go to work. “What’s new?” I hear you ask yourself, “you’ve been doing nothing but going to see animals in captivity in various Scottish locations as far as I can see!”
But really, this is new. It will be Wednesday, then it will be Thursday, then it will be Friday. By the weekend I will have not gone to work thrice.
After a decade of moaning about not having enough time to function properly – here it is: the opportunity to get things done. So, the void left by the three days I am not working will be filled by many things, God willing, and here is one of my top-five lists of things to do this year:
- Get fit. Running, running, running – and as the Wombles used to say – “excerise is good for you; laziness is not.”
- Get thin. *doesn’t eat a muffin*
- “Operation Show Home” aka “Operation Holiday Home”. We are not moving and we are not getting a holiday home. But I want to pare down the amount of TOTAL JUNK in the house so that it feels like a show home to a visitor and has the simplicity and handiness of a holiday home for us. *tries to ignore skeptical looks from all around*
- In conjunction with the above I am going to the tip *cue Kathleen Jamie* EVERY WEEK until we have next to no possessions left, or thereabouts.
- Write the novel. I am figuring a mimimum of 3000 words a week gets me a first draft my March. So, any spare plots you have, please leave them below 😀
So, the pressure is on. Accomplish, accomplish, accomplish.
Nevertheless, living in grace.
Must re-read “the wife of noble character“…